RainFurrest 2015 Art Show
Every year RainFurrest features a art show where artists of all kinds can display and sell their artwork. Take a look below for all the rules and details about participating and registering for the art show for 2015.
Art Show HoursThursday - Noon to 7:00 PM
Friday - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM - For Art Pick-up.
Reserving Art Show Space
The RainFurrest Art Show is open for applications, to apply online, please click here
Art Show panels are $10 each. Our panels are approximately 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall; they are pegboards and we will be providing hardware such as hooks and clips for hanging your art on the panels. There will also be an 10% commission fee on all sales in the Art Show.
Half tables are also available for $10 for artists who wish to show 3D artwork. The 10% commission fee also applies.
Art Show Requirements
All artists who wish to display their work in the RainFurrest Art Show are required to be registered Attending or Supporting Members.
If you will not be attending the convention, but will be sending your art to be placed in our show by an agent, we will allow it given explicit permission by you prior to the convention. You will be required to be a registered Supporting Member (or higher) and your agent will be required to be a registered Attending Member (or higher) as well. Agents will hang your art in your stead and manage all business transactions in your place, so please do not appoint someone whom you do not thoroughly trust to account for your business.
RainFurrest Art Show - Bidder Terms
How to Bid
- To register as a bidder for art show, proceed to a kiosk and enter in the name you registered as for the con.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be issued stickers with your bidder number
- Your bidder number will be different than your con registration number
- To place a bid, simply place a sticker on the next open line on a bid tag.
- Beside the bid sticker, enter in the amount you wish to bid for the item.
- Minimum increment for all bids is $5
- Bid tags can have two prices, minimum bid price and Buy It Now price.
- If you are the first bidder, and select the Buy It Now price, you have won the item.
- Once an item has a bid, the Buy It Now price no longer applies. The item may sell above the Buy It Now price
- Pieces with three or fewer written bids will be sold for the highest written bid.
- All bids are final.
- Placing a bid is a promise to buy an item at the price entered. Placing bids for other people, placing joke bids, defacing bid tags and not paying for artwork can be grounds to ban the bidder from the Art Show.
- Any spoiled bidder tags will be replaced by Art Show staff as soon as possible.
- If you are taking pictures for an artist, please notify the Art Show staff first and provide your information.
- If Art Show staff find that the space is overcrowded, convention attendees not actively bidding will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of people and artwork.
- Status of bids will be made available at kiosks at any time and will be posted outside the art show as soon as possible after bidding closes.
- During the final hour the art show is open on Saturday, only offers accepted will be items that have no bids and a Buy It Now price.