RainFurrest 2015 Artist Alley
Returning artists, please note that Artist Alley has changed slightly from previous years. You will need to sign up for a table in the Convention Operations room prior to 9:00 AM. At 9:00 AM, the list will be brought up to the Artist Alley and artists will be granted their tables.
Artist Alley Hours
Sign-up Before 9:00 AM daily.
Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Artist Alley Rules
- The Artist Alley will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday Only
- Artist Alley tables cannot be reserved in advance, artists must sign up the day they wish to sell in the Artist Alley.
- To Sell in the Artist Alley, you MUST have a Washington State Temporary Business Certificate (Tax ID).
- Artists must sign up at ConOps (the Peninsula room), not at the Artist Alley itself.
- Sign-up occurs daily before 9:00 AM before the Artist Alley opens.Tables are granted per day on a first come first served basis. A waiting list will be kept for artists who have not initially made it in.
- If a person is drawn and doesn't show up to claim their table by 10:00 AM the next artist on the waiting list will be called.
- Artist Alley half tables cost $15 a day. We will attempt to provide access to power.
- After making their payment, artists will get a receipt.
- If the artist leaves the table must check out with us. If they have a panel or something they want to go to, they must check out and give a time that they are going to be back.
- If an artist has left their table and wishes to return again within the same day, they do not have to pay the $15 again so long as they still have their receipt/proof of payment.
- RainFurrest does not restrict what Artists sell in the Artists Alley, provided it is only their own work.
- Your Tax ID must be obtained prior to attending the convention. Be aware that it may take the state a week or more to respond; plan in advance!
- Sellers may not sit at a table before 9:00am or set up at a table before 9:00am. In an attempt to reserve a table.
- Sellers who have had their name drawn must line up at the designated spot at the Artist Alley entrance. Shortly after 9:00 AM they will be let in to the Artist Alley and placed at a table by a staff member..
Artists in the Artist Alley are also bound by the same rules on item content that our dealers are, these rules are:
- Anything on display (visible to people near your table) must be PG-13 rated. This may include the use of stickers in appropriate areas. Other materials may be shown to specific people provided you have checked their badge to ensure they are of legal age.
- In the state of Washington, things are not considered PG-13 if:
- It contains exposed genitalia or representations of genitalia.
- It depicts a sexual act.
- It depicts realistic violence where the victim is shown to be seriously injured.
- It depicts any other content that, according to State law, makes it unsuitable for younger viewers.
- Items that are considered completely unacceptable (and will result in a meeting with the Con Chair immediately) include items where the possession of, sale of, or the crossing of state boundaries with constitutes a criminal act, e.g. child pornography or bestiality. These items CANNOT be sold or displayed, period.
Washington State makes it very easy to obtain a Tax Permit in this state, all you need to do is follow the link below, and best of all - its free!
Permanent Business License - If you have a permanent Washington State Business License, then you can just add the sales of your products at RainFurrest to your annual tax reporting and it's easy for everyone.
Temporary Business Certificate - If you apply for a Temporary Business Certificate, then you can follow the directions on that and can report taxes yourself. You can read about and apply for the certificate on the Washington State Department of Revenue website.