RainFurrest 2014 Artist Alley
Artist Alley Hours
Sign-up at 9:00 AM daily.
Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Artist Alley Rules
RainFurrest will again for the second year be trailing out an Artist Alley, For the benefit of everyone, we have laid some easy rules out.
- The Artist Alley will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday Only
- Artist Alley tables cannot be reserved in advance, artists must sign up the day they wish to sell in the Artist Alley.
- To Sell in the Artist Alley, you MUST have a Washington State Temporary Business Certificate (Tax ID).
- Sign-up begins daily at 9:00am before the Artist Alley opens.
- Tables are granted only a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If there are more sign-ups than available space, any artists who do not make it in will be added to a waiting list. They will then be contacted if space opens.
- If an artist wishes to get into the Alley after it has opened, their name and preferred method of contact is added to a waiting list. They are then contacted as soon as a space opens.
- Artist Alley half tables cost $15 a day. We will attempt to provide access to power.
- After making their payment, artists will get proof of payment.
- If the artist leaves the table must check out with us. If they have a panel or something they want to go to, they must check out and give a time that they are going to be back.
- If an artist has left their table and wishes to return again within the same day, they do not have to pay the $15 again so long as they still have their receipt/proof of payment.
- RainFurrest does not restrict what Artists sell in the Artists Alley, provided it is only their own work.
- Your Tax ID must be obtained prior to attending the convention. As it takes approximately 1 week for the state to respond.
- Sellers may not sit at a table before 9:00am or set up at a table before 9:00am. In an attempt to reserve a table.
- Sellers must line up at the designated spot prior to 9:00am. At 9:00am the will be let in to the Artist Alley and placed at a table by a staff member.
Artists in the Artist Alley are also bound by the same rules on item content that our dealers are, these rules are:
- Anything on display (visible to people near your table) must be PG-13 rated. This may include the use of stickers in appropriate areas. Other materials may be shown to specific people provided you have checked their badge to ensure they are of legal age.
- In the state of Washington, things are not considered PG-13 if:
- It contains exposed genitalia or representations of genitalia.
- It depicts a sexual act.
- It depicts realistic violence where the victim is shown to be seriously injured.
- It depicts any other content that, according to State law, makes it unsuitable for younger viewers.
- Items that are considered completely unacceptable (and will result in a meeting with the Con Chair immediately) include items where the possession of, sale of, or the crossing of state boundaries with constitutes a criminal act, e.g. child pornography or bestiality. These items CANNOT be sold or displayed, period.
Washington State makes it very easy to obtain a Tax Permit in this state, all you need to do is follow the link below, and best of all - its free!
Permanent Business License - If you have a permanent Washington State Business License, then you can just add the sales of your products at RainFurrest to your annual tax reporting and it's easy for everyone.
Temporary Business Certificate - If you apply for a Temporary Business Certificate, then you can follow the directions on that and can report taxes yourself. You can read about and apply for the certificate on the Washington State Department of Revenue website.